Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ouiser and the Twenty Pound Bag of Potatoes

I just got off work about an hour ago and ran to the grocery store. Nothing unusual there really. I was only picking up some stuff for the Weeman, milk and the like (perhaps O's of Cheer with which to grind their souls into my carpet?). And there it was. Calling to me. Beckoning...BUY ME!!!

The display of 20 pound bags of potatoes.

I feel like Bubba Blue when I think of all the things I can do with potatoes...

Mashed Potatoes, Fried Potatoes, Boiled Potatoes, Potato Pancakes, Hashbrown Potatoes, French Fried Potatoes....so on and so forth. MMMM Tatery Goodness...all carbs and starch and all those bad things we're not supposed to eat if we're trying to lose weight.

To that I say SUCK IT HOOKER.

With one swell foop, I snatched up a bag one handed no less and plopped it into my cart.

After I walked in the door it occurred to me.

What the Blue Hell am I supposed to do with TWENTY FREAKING POUNDS OF POTATOES????

But you have to admit, I did get a good bargain for my buck. Only 3.99 for the bag...Potato Soup, Baked Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes, Julienne Potatoes, Au Gratin Potatoes, Latkes...

Weeman LOVES his potatoes too so, it's not like they'll go to waste, unless we don't use them.

But TWENTY POUNDS???

At least it wasn't FIFTY...

xoxo,
Ouiser

No comments:

Post a Comment