Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The word of the day is FREE. =)

It is amazing what all you can accomplish for free if you get a little creative. I have been taking lil bit to the bay to swim and play in the sand for the last few days. By spending an hour or 2 I'm the sand each day for about 3 days, I am already noticing a drastic reduction in my nasty callouses. What could be better than a free pedicure? Lol. O yea! I am also getting a decent tan for a change. Screw the tanning bed! And the kiddo is entertained. Woohoo! And all I pay is gas money.

I got creative last night. Our super comfy brown couch should be shot. It is broken and saggy. But couches cost money, so we are stick with it for now. So last night I was trying to decide if I wanted to throw out or keep some of the boxes I unpacked a couple of days ago. So I compromised and saved my sofa at the same time! I broke down (flattened) the boxes and stacked them under the cushion with the sagging problem. I put about 10 boxes. Voila! Sag solved! And the next time I need a box, I have a hidden stash.

So what have you gotten for free lately? =)

<3 Truvy

1 comment:

  1. you can also use one side of a broken down babygate to fix the sagging couch cushion thing :) May be a little creaky though, but it's a good temp fix.

    ReplyDelete